Gooey Cheesecake Brownie Pudding
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which give me $$$ if you click on them. Shop responsibly, kids.
Listen, let’s be honest: we all wish that we could eat brownie batter like candy.
Admit it. You know I do, and I know you do.
I’m right, aren’t I?
And because I’m right, I’ve prepared this little gem for all your guilty brownie-batter-eating pleasure. You can thank me later.
Part of the beauty of this recipe is the ease with which it comes together. Anything made in a slow cooker is right up my alley, because it takes a lot to burn it and you don’t have to worry about it while it’s cooking – just set it and forget it. And when you’re as busy as I am – which I seem to mention in every single post – you really can’t go wrong with something that easy!
Another great thing about this recipe is how warm and comforting this is. I made this on a gray day to chase that “bleh” feeling that rain gives me away. I was going to make cupcakes (which we’ll get to later), but when I saw the weather outside, I knew something toasty and cozy would have to take precedence!
The thing about brownie pudding is… you don’t really know when it’s “done.” Since it’s a pudding, it’s always going to be mushy and gooey. There’s no “toothpick test” to see if it’s done or not, you just kind of…go for it when you feel like it? This can drive some perfectionists crazy, but trust me: it’s all going to be ok. Just please do not serve this to your prissy in-laws whom you are trying to convince of your star baker status. This is not a pretty dessert. You will not win any points on presentation. You may even be offended by the looks they give you when you serve it.
BUT, don’t lose sight of the fact that this pudding is crazy good. It’s bananas. Yes, Gwen, it’s b-a-n-a-n-a-s. It’s the kind of dessert that makes you want to apologize to anyone that saw you attack it because what you did to it was just inhumane. And yeah, it’s a mess, but it’s all the more beautiful for it!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve just finished my second helping and am going to go drop off into a sugar coma. I’ve told my fiancé to call someone if I don’t wake up in a few hours but he also just finished his second helping, so like…just hope you hear from me sometime in the near future.
Gooey Cheesecake Brownie Pudding
- 1 box brownie mix
- eggs, oil, and water (as called for on the box of brownie mix)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 3.4 oz box cheesecake pudding mix
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the brownie ingredients and prepare the mix as the box instructs, then pour it into the prepared slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and the milk, then pour carefully over the top of the brownie mix. Cover the top of your slow cooker with a paper towel (to catch condensation and avoid a watery pudding), then place the lid over the towel.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours. Once the pudding is browning and set on the edges, it should be done. If you want more cooked brownie on the bottom, you can leave it in for longer. Scoop into bowls and serve with vanilla ice cream (or strawberry, or mint, or all three if you're feeling frisky), and enjoy!
- This recipe was adapted from Crazy for Crust's here. She used chocolate pudding, which I think would probably send you straight to chocolate heaven. If we're being honest though, death by pudding is the only way I'd want to die, so don't be surprised if I try it that way soon!