Pumpkin Spice Truffles
These fudgy truffles are a bittersweet delight, fusing dark chocolate with the autumnal flavors of pumpkin spice.
- 200 ml heavy whipping cream (about 1 cup)
- 50 g unsalted butter (about half a stick)
- 100 g semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 300 g dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-2 tsp pumpkin spice (depending on your PSL tolerance)
- 4 oz orange sanding sugar, ground (or coating of your choice, see post above for ideas)
Place the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Add the butter and cream to a saucepan over medium heat and heat it until just before it simmers. Pour it over the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes.
Add the vanilla and pumpkin spice, then stir until all streaks of cream are blended in and the mixture is a uniform dark brown. Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight, until it is hard enough to shape.
When you're ready to form your truffles, fill a shallow bowl or dish with the sanding sugar or coating of your choice. Run a metal spoon under hot water and wipe dry, then use to scoop a tablespoon of mixture. Shape with your hands and then toss in the coating to cover. Transfer finished truffles to an airtight container before continuing the process to use all of the mixture. Store the container in the fridge for up to two weeks. Serve chilled straight from the fridge, and enjoy!