A thin and fruity bar that's perfect for cutting into small squares and snacking on throughout the day.
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (basically the entirety of a regular-sized box)
- 6 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 Tbsp lime zest (about one lime)
- 3 Tbsp lime juice (about one lime)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate (chips or a block chopped into small pieces)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the finely crushed vanilla wafers and butter in a bowl and stir together until all the butter is absorbed. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
Beat together the cream cheese, lime zest, lime juice, and egg with a stand mixer on low until smooth and fully incorporated. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth evenly over the surface.
Sprinkle the finely chopped chocolate and the coconut evenly over the bars, then bake for 25-30 minutes. The top of the coconut should be lightly browned and the chocolate should be bubbling lightly. Allow to cool completely before slicing into small squares and serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- This recipe makes a slim bar that's perfect for a quick, light snack. For a thicker bar, bake for a slightly longer time in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- Feel free to try some variations on these bars - the original recipe was for lemon bars, but they would be great with cherry and almonds as well!